Senior Software Developer
Parity Computing has been providing intelligent automation systems to science, technology and medicine (STM) publishers, academic/industry researchers, and healthcare organizations for almost 20 years.
We enable organizations to derive new value and actionable knowledge from both structured and unstructured data, providing insights to address mission critical business challenges and opportunities.
Parity achieves industry leading accuracy for applications in large-scale entity disambiguation and profiling, real-time clinical decision support, and predictive modeling for precision medicine.
We are looking for a talented senior level Java software architect/developer with experience productizing innovative software.
- Design and write high quality and scalable software
- Contribute to key architectural decisions
- Assign responsibility for tasks to team members
- Gather, implement, and test critical system requirements
- Make sound technical decisions
- Drive best practices coding standards and configuration management
- Review documentation and code created by the development team
- Facilitate and contribute to QA test plans. Help with testing as the need arises
- Contribute to system design/deployment and performance optimization
- BS or higher in Computer Science
- Large-scale enterprise application development experience
- Java, J2EE, Object Oriented Design, design patterns
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and algorithm skills
- 10-20 years in software development with several full product lifecycle experiences
- XML/XSL, SQL/Oracle, NoSQL (Cassandra or equivalent), Regular Expressions, UI experience (JSP, servlets)
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX/Linux from a development perspective
- Information Retrieval (IR), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or Linguistics
- PERL or similar scripting language
- Actual experience in Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with Solr/Lucene
- Cloud, especially AWS, application development and deployment
Vacation, health, stock options
Depending on background and experience.
Interested applicants, please send you resume and cover letter to email@example.com