Senior Data Scientist
Parity Computing has been providing intelligent automation systems to science, technology and medicine (STM) publishers, academic/industry researchers, and healthcare organizations for almost 20 years.
We enable organizations to derive new value and actionable knowledge from both structured and unstructured data, providing insights to address mission critical business challenges and opportunities.
Parity achieves industry leading accuracy for applications in large-scale entity disambiguation and profiling, real-time clinical decision support, and predictive modeling for precision medicine.
We are looking for Data Scientists with 6 – 14 years of experience, especially in NLP and Text Analytics, to lead or be part of a small team that identifies, develops and maintains advanced analytics models in the areas of scientific and medical research.
- Research and development of algorithms for parsing and matching structured and semi-structured publication data, especially in the science and medicine fields.
- Develop scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Have a strong understanding of Data Science and a genuine appreciation for Data Science research. An understanding of NLP and text mining is a plus.
- Create lexical semantic resources for NLP-based applications.
- Apply ontologies to NLP applications by using statistics, NLP and machine learning techniques.
- Work independently and cooperatively with others members in remote locations.
- Collaborate internally with other members for complete life cycle from idea generation, through development and deployment.
- Help in estimating the cost of building production ready solutions.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive experiments, implementations and new feature creation.
Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Applied Statistics, or related disciplines with sound technical expertise in one or more of the above mentioned areas.
- Experience with Java, Perl/Python and databases.
- Hands-on but also comfortable working alone.
- Interest in identifying and researching new tools, technologies etc.
- Structured problem solving skills to translate problems into solutions.
Depending on background and experience
Interested applicants, please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org