Senior Data Scientist
Parity Computing has been providing intelligent automation systems to science, technology and
medicine (STM) publishers, academic/industry researchers, and healthcare organizations for almost 20
We enable organizations to derive new value and actionable knowledge from both structured and
unstructured data, providing insights to address mission critical business challenges and opportunities.
Parity achieves industry leading accuracy for applications in large-scale entity disambiguation and
profiling, real-time clinical decision support, and predictive modeling for precision medicine.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with 6 – 14 years of experience, especially in NLP and Text Analytics,
to be part of a small team that identifies, develops and maintains models for applications in science,
technology, and medicine.
- Research and development of algorithms for parsing and matching structured and semi-
structured publication data, especially in the science, technology, and medicine fields.
- Develop scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model
development, model validation and model implementation.
- Have a strong understanding of Data Science and a genuine appreciation for Data Science
research. An understanding of NLP and text mining is required.
- Create lexical semantic resources for NLP-based applications.
- Apply ontologies to NLP applications by using statistics, NLP and machine learning techniques.
- Work independently and cooperatively with other local and remote team members.
- Collaborate internally with other members for complete life cycle from idea generation, through
development and deployment.
- Help in estimating the cost of building production ready solutions.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive experiments, implementations and new
Skills and Behavioral Attributes
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Applied Statistics, or related
disciplines with sound technical expertise in one or more of the above mentioned areas.
- Experience with Java, Perl/Python and databases.
- Team-oriented but also comfortable working alone.
- Interest in identifying and researching new tools, technologies etc.
- Structured problem solving skills to translate problems into solutions.
Depending on background and experience
Interested applicants, please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org