Reference Processing and Linking
Improve margins by enhancing usability
Parity Computing provides comprehensive high-accuracy reference processing
capabilities, available as both licensed software systems and as outsourced
services. These capabilities enable development of fully linked reference
data, starting from publication databases and bibliographies in arbitrary
formats. Parity's software and services can be customized to address specific client needs.
Parity reference processing systems are in use by multiple publishers
and have been used to process many millions of references. References
in IEEE Xplore, the ACM Digital Library, and Elsevier's Scopus have been
linked using Parity technology.
- Enhances the research functionality of a publisher's repository by enabling
users to seamlessly navigate through reference hyperlinks.
- Increases revenue by enabling users to quickly find relevant content.
- Powers the development of powerful citation analysis and other ranking
- Improves margins by enabling fast, accurate and automated reference
linking instead of costly and time-consuming manual methods.
- Extraction of references from full-text documents
in a variety of formats.
- Tagging references, handling the full range of reference
types, formats, and XML/SGML targets.
- Linking references to target metadata databases.
- Automated reference correction systems leverage
Parity's error-tolerant linking to automatically correct references
in prepublication manuscripts.
- Integration of linking with external data sources
and services, including CrossRef, MEDLINE, and patent data.
- Clustering references that cite the same publication,
to add reference-linking information even when no matching item is available
from target metadata databases.
- Database merging and cleansing to link multiple
target metadata databases, identifying any duplicate records.
- Intra-linking of full-text references to corresponding
bibliographic entries, enabling citation hyperlinking from within article
- Software reliability and scalability, proven in
integrated deployments with large diverse databases and systems.