Digital Library Platform
Parity Computing's Digital Library Platform is a complete
software technology for accessing research collections, including search
for bottom-up keyword-based searching, ontologies for top-down browsing,
and a polished user interface integrating the two forms of navigation. The
multiple modes of access support the needs of both expert researchers and
novices in the technical domain, optimizing their productivity with features
oriented specifically towards large collections of technical content.
While the platform is a complete stand-alone solution, many of its features
are also offered separately as plug-ins to third-party platforms.
- High-accuracy Search, finely tuned for research
and technical articles, ranks results by relevance and importance. Parity's
search engine exploits the particular structure of technical research
articles, using title, abstract, keywords, full text, and references
to achieve a 50% reduction in irrelevant results.
- Hierarchical Ontology organizes content into familiar
domain-specific topics and subtopics, providing
- A gateway to the domain for novice users, and a familiar conceptual
organization for experienced researchers.
- Comprehensive Hyperlinking between articles, authors,
subjects, patents, and other entities. The links are built automatically
with Parity's high-accuracy Content CrossLink system,
incorporating advanced content analysis, matching techniques, and detailed
- New types of content can be accommodated through the use of Content
Modules, allowing the scope of the library to be expanded while
maintaining the same unified interface. Content modules can include
standards, people, patents, companies, organizations, related products,
and other entities for which information is available.
- Personalization features allowing users to save
and track topics and authors of interest, with notification
of relevant new content.
- DRM system to control access to content, allowing
different levels of access for different users, subscriptions, purchases,
- Advertisement Editor to allow banner ads or announcements
to be created and associated with ontology nodes or keywords. Banners
are displayed in response to relevant user searches or ontology browsing.
- Workflow integration automatically updates the digital
library as new content is published.
- Highlighting of "special articles" such as award-winning
articles, works by specified authors, etc. Articles are highlighted
wherever they occur: search results, citation lists, author profiles,
wherever they occur, such as search results, citation lists, and
us for a product brochure with a complete feature list and technical